Dr. Zhang joins the DiMarchi research group with an extensive experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, and transgenic mouse models. His research focuses on developing novel treatements for endocrine-based diseases via in vitro and in vivo systems.
- Zhang Y, Kao W. W-Y, Hayashi Y, Zhang L, Call M, Dong F, Yuan Y, Zhang J, Wang Y-C, Yuka O, Shiraishi A, Liu, C-Y, Generation and Characterization of a Novel Mouse Line, Keratocan-rtTA (KeraRT), for Corneal Stroma and Tendon Research, IOVS, 2017, 58(11): 4800-4808, PMID: 28973326 ( First & Corresponding author)
- Zhang Y, Yeh L-K, Zhang S, Call M,Yuan Y, Yasunaga M, Kao W W-Y, Liu C-Y, Wnt/b-catenin signaling modulates corneal epithelium stratification via inhibition of Bmp4 during mouse development, Development, 2015, 142(19): 3383-3393, PMID:26443636 (First & Corresponding author).
- Zhang Y, Lam O, Nguyen M. T, Ng G, Pear W.S, Ai W, Wang I-J, Kao W. W-Y, Liu CY, Mastermind-like transcriptional co-activator-mediated notch signaling is indispensable for maintaining conjunctival epithelial identity. Development, 2013, 140:594-605. PMID: 23293291.
- Zhang Y, Kao W-W, Liu C-Y. Notch gain-of function in mouse periocular mesenchyme down-regulates FoxL2 and impairs eyelid levator muscle formation, leading to congenital belpharophimosis. J Cell Sci, 2011, 124(15):2561-2572. PMID: 21730020 .
- Zhang Y, Call M. K,Yeh L-K, Liu H, Kochel T, Wang I-J, Chu P-H, Takoto M. M, Jester J. V, Ko W-W, Liu C-Y.. Aberrant expression of b-catenin gain-of function mutant induces hyperplastic transformation in the mouse cornea. J Cell Sci, 2010, 123(8):12851294. PMID: 2033211.
View a full list of manuscripts of Yujin Zhang
Conference proceedings and presentations:
- Zhang Y, Zhang L, Diego O, Yuka O, Wang Y-C, Kao W-W, Hu Y-C, Joseph B, Liu C-Y, Generation and characterization of a novel mouse line, Cdh2-rtTA (Cdh2rt), for genetic manipulation of stem cell niche tissues, ARVO, 2017
- Zhang L, Zhang Y, Yuka O, Wang Y-C, Liu C-Y, TGFb3 but not TGFb1 as downstream gene of Wnt/b-catenin regulates cornea development, ARVO, 2017
- Wang Y-C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Yuka O, Liu C-Y, Overexpression of TGFa is detrimental to the corneal epithelial development, ARVO, 2017
- Yuka O, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Wang Y-C, Liu C-Y, Shp2 protein tyrosine phosphatase affects corneal epithelial stratification and innervation, ARVO, 2017
- Liu C-Y, Zhang L, Yuka O, Wang Y-C, Zhang Y, Shp2 regulates the expression of ΔNp63a in corneal basal epithelial cells, ARVO, 2017
- Zhang Y, Kao W-W, Liu C-Y, Aberrant overexpression of TGFa in stroma disturbs corneal development, ARVO, 2016
- Liu C-Y, Zhang Y, Canonical Jagged-1-Notch1 signaling axis is required for meibocyte formation during Meibomian gland morphogenesis, ARVO, 2016
- Dong F, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Liu C-Y, Kao W-W, A novel inflammatory dry eye mouse model by overexpression of IL-1b in conjunctival epithelium, ARVO, 2016 (paper presentation)
- Zhang J, Dong F, Zhang Y, Liu C-Y, Hu Y-C, Kao W-W, Characterization of tet-On Krt4-rtTA driver created via CRISPR/Cas9-mediated knock-in strategy, ARVO, 2016
- Zhang Y, Hayashi Y, Kao W-W, Liu C-Y, Generation and Characterization of a Novel Mouse Line, Keratocan-rtTA (KeraRT), for Corneal Stroma research, , ARVO, 2015
- Liu C-Y, Zhang Y, TGFb signaling inhibits goblet cell differentiation via SPDEF in conjunctiva epithelium, ARVO, 2015
- Zhang J, Zhang Y, Ferreira T-G, Call M, Liu, C-Y, Ruth A-P, Kao W-W, Generation and Characterization of Pax6-rtTA(P6R) transgenic mice for genetic manipulation of ocular surface epithelium, ARVO, 2015
- Yuan Y, Zhang F, Dong F, Zhang Y, Call M, Liu, C-Y, Kao W-W, Activation of noncanonical Wnt signaling Elicits glaucoma in mice, ARVO, 2015