The central goal of my research has been to developing novel peptide based therapeutic strategies for the treatment of obesity, diabetes and other metabolic diseases. I am currently engaged in the synthesis of sustained action, proteolytically stable insulin analogs. My recent projects include chemical synthesis of synthesis of disulfide-rich heterodimeric peptides through an auxiliary N, N-crosslink, biomimetic synthesis of insulin enabled by oxime ligation and discovery of an insulin prodrug with a new activation strategy.
- Kishore Thalluri, Binbin Kou, John P. Mayer, Joseph R. Chabenne, Vasily M. Gelfanov and Richard D. DiMarchi. Synthesis of disulfide-rich heterodimeric peptides through an auxiliary N, N-crosslinK. Nature. Communication Chemistry,1, 36-39 (2018)
- Kishore Thalluri, Binbin Kou, John P. Mayer, Vasily M. Gelfanov, Fa Liu and Richard D. DiMarchi. Biomimetic synthesis of insulin enabled by oxime ligation and traceless “C-peptide” chemical excision. Org. Lett. 19, 706–709 (2017).
- Kishore Thalluri, Binbin Kou, Xu Yang, Alexander N. Zaykov, John P.Mayer, Vasily M. Gelfanov,Fa Liu and Richard D. DiMarchia. Synthesis of relaxin-2 and insulin-like peptide 5 enabled by novel tethering and traceless chemical excision. J. Pept. Sci. 23, 455–465 (2017).
- Kishore Thalluri, Manne Srinivasa Rao, Dharm Dev and Bhubaneswar Mandal. "Ethyl 2-cyano-2-(4-nitrophenylsulfonyloxyimino)acetate (4- NBsOXY) Mediated Lossen Rearragement: Single Pot Racemization free Synthesis of Hydroxamic Acids and Ureas from Carboxylic Acids." The Journal of Organic Chemistry. 79, 3765−3775 (2014).
- Kishore Thalluri, Ashim Paul, Srinivasa Rao Manne, Dharm Dev, and Bhubaneswar Mandal."Microwave Assisted Chemoselective Organocatalytic Peptide Alcohol Synthesis from C-terminal Amide." RSC Advances, 88, 47841 – 47847 (2014).
- Kishore Thalluri, Nadimpally Krishna Chaitanya, Maharishi Parasar Chakravarty, Ashim Paul and Bhubaneswar Mandal. “Ethyl 2-(tert- Butoxycarbonyloxyimino)-2-Cyanoacetate (Boc-Oxyma) as Coupling Reagent for Racemization free Esterification, Thioesterification, Amidation and Peptide Synthesis.” Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis. 355, 448–462 (2013).
- Kishore Thalluri, Nadimpally Krishna Chaitanya, Ashim Paul and Bhubaneswar Mandal. “Waste reduction in amide synthesis by a continuous method based on recycling of the reaction mixture.” RSC Advances. 2, 6838–6845 (2012).
- Srinivasa Rao ManneƗ, Kishore Thalluri Ɨ, Rajat Subhra Giri, Ashim Paul, Bhubaneswar Mandal. Racemization free longer N-terminal peptide hydroxamate synthesis on solid support using ethyl 2-(tert- butoxycarbonyloxyimino)-2- cyanoacetate. Tetrahedron Letters. 56, 6108–6111 (2015) (Ɨ equal author ship).
- Srinivasa Rao Manne, Kishore Thalluri, Rajat Subhra Giri,Jyoti Chandra,and Bhubaneswar Mandal. Ethyl 2-(tert-Butoxycarbonyloxyimino)-2- cyanoacetate (Boc Oxyma): An Efficient Reagent for the Racemization Free Synthesis of Ureas, Carbamates and Thiocarbamates via Lossen Rearrangement. Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis. 359, 168–176 (2017).
- Ashim Paul, Krishna Chaitanya Nadimpally, Tanmay Mondal, Kishore Thalluri, and Bhubaneswar Mandal. "Inhibition of Alzheimer’s Amyloid- β Peptide Aggregation and its Disruption by a Conformationally Restricted α/β Hybrid Peptide." Chemical Communications, 51, 2245-224 (2015).
- Ashim Paul, Bhanita Sharma, Tanmay Mondal, Kishore Thalluri, Sandip Paul and Bhubaneswar Mandal. Amyloid β derived switch-peptides as a tool for investigation of early events of aggregation: a combined experimental and theoretical approach. Med.Chem.Commun. 7, 311–316 (2016).
- Nadimpally Krishna Chaitanya, Kishore Thalluri, Nani Babu Palakurthy, Abhijit Saha and Bhubaneswar Mandal. “Catalyst and solvent-free amidation of inactive esters of N-protected amino acids.” Tetrahedron Letters. 52, 2579–2582 (2011).
- Dharm Dev, Nani Babu Palakurthy, Thalluri Kishore and Bhubaneswar Mandal. “Ethyl 2-cyano-2-(2-nitrophenylsulfonyloxyimino)acetate (2- NBsOXY): A recyclable coupling reagent for Racemization free Synthesis of peptide, amide, hydroxamates, and ester." The Journal of Organic Chemistry. 79, 5420–5431(2014).
- Dharm Dev, Jyoti Chandra, Nani Babu Palakurthy, Kishore Thalluri, Tapasi Kalita, Bhubaneswar Mandal. Benzoxazole and Benzothiazole Synthesis from Carboxylic Acids in Solution and on Resin by Using Ethyl 2‐Cyano‐2‐(2‐nitrobenzenesulfonyloxyimino)acetate and para‐Toluenesulfonic Acid. Asian J. Org. Chem. 5, 663-667 (2016).